Accommodation and caddiemaster
Accommodationetc during the tournament
Timberwise Finnish Open hosted by Jaakko Mäkitalo
send an email: email@example.com
call: Minna Nenonen +358 50 539 4281
When approaching the Finnish Open, the organization of accommodation becomes a topical issue.
Close to Alastaro Golf (approx.4km) and a short drive away is a cottage village, where you can find cottages to rent for every departure.
The caddiemaster welcomes the players and makes tee time reservations. She sends the players to the round while taking notice of the strain of the course and makes sure that the play goes on smoothly.
Business concerning range and accepting fees is also the caddiemaster’s job.
The caddiemaster will remind players that the basic etiquette should be noticed in every play group, despite the handicaps of the players.
- Reserve and confirm your tee time always
- It is polite that you tell the caddiemaster your member number and your name. Like this we can make sure that we have found the right person from the system. You could also show your handicap card.
- Keep your green fork with you and use it. If somebody in front of you has neglected their dropdown marks, please take care of those too. Thank You!
- Repair the dropdown marks first and mark or putt your ball after that.
- Dropdown marks are repaired by turning the edges of the pit inside, not by lifting the bottom. In the end, use your putter or foot to even the mark.
- In addition, always comb the bunkers. If someone has not done that, lets take care of those together.
- Also hitting marks on fairways and roughs should be repaired when possible.
- At the opening places, hitting marks should be repaired by filling the holes with seed mix in the bucket.
- Play promptly but not with rush. When the entire group has put in the hole, players leave the green and results will be marked at the next hitting place.
- If some players play slower than others, ask bravely for a permission to pass. Politeness and smoothness are not shame. If you are a fast player, you will not play on the others’ heels. The flights are separated with ten minutes, so it gives flexibility to the bypasses.
- And every player has to have their own devices, of course.
This is how the course stays in good shape and playing is a pleasurable experience for everyone. We hope that if you notice faults, you will notify us at the office. And of course, we always want to hear positive feedback as well.